Web site use
The Web site of the Musée National Eugène Delacroix complies with the W3C web standards, the WAI accessibility guidelines, and the Accessiweb criteria. The site is the same for everyone rather than tailored to individual needs, and caters as far as possible for all kinds of Internet users.
Keyboard shortcuts can help you navigate the museum Web site:
- S: to skip the menu
- 1: to return to the homepage
- 3: to access the site map
- 4: to access the search engine
- 6: for help
- 7: to access Contacts
Using the keyboard shortcuts
- with Windows (PC) Microsoft Explorer 5.5 and above: hold down the "Alt" key and press the relevant shortcut key.
- with Netscape 6 and above: hold down the "Alt" key and press the relevant shortcut key.
- with Mac OS X (Macintosh): hold down the the "Control" key and press the relevant shortcut key.
The site is compatible with Microsoft Explorer 5.5 and above, Firefox Mozilla 1 and above, Apple Safari 1.2, and Netscape 6.2 for PC and Mac. If you have problems reading the site, you can:
- enlarge the text on the current page:hold down the "CTRL" key and press the middle button on the mouse, or select "increase font size" / "decrease font size" from the "View" menu of your browser;
- force the pages to display according to your personal style sheet.
Click on the "Musée National Eugène Delacroix" logo (in the top left corner of every page) to return to the homepage.
The four links in the horizontal navigation bar take you to different sections:
- "Museum": click here for a menu with links to museum information: the museum building, visitor information, professional services. The vertical navigation bar on the left details the contents of this section;
- "The Collection": click here for a menu presenting the museum collection: paintings, works on paper, objects from North Africa, Delacroix memorabilia, letters, friends and students.
- "The Man and the Artist": click here for a menu with links to biographical and bibliographical information about Delacroix: his biography, Delacroix in Paris, where to see his works, his influence and legacy, a bibliography.
- "Activities & Events": click here for a menu with links to current events and information about museum activities: news, library and documentation, cultural activities, and Friends of the Museum. The vertical navigation bar on the left details the contents of this section.
At the bottom of each page you will also find:
A horizontal menu with links to further information and resources:
- "Credits": legal information about the site and its use.
- "Contact us": complete a form to contact the Museum.
- "Site map": this page shows a map of the site and gives direct access to the page of your choice.
- "Friends of the Museum": information concerning the museum’s Society of Friends.
- "Sales record": this page provides access to Delacroix’s sales record from 1820 to 1875 - a database that can be accessed by clicking on a hypertext link.
- "For fun": quizzes, e-cards, and wallpapers to send or download.
- "Shop online": click there to access a new page: the online store of the Réunion des Musées Nationaux : http://www.boutiquesdemusees.fr/en/
- the first is the logo of the Friends of the Museum. Click on the logo to access the site page concerning the museum’s Society of Friends.
- the second is the Musée du Louvre logo: click on the logo to access the official Musée du Louvre Web site: http://www.louvre.fr
Software required to use the site
Links to the software or plug-ins required for the site can be found below. Reading documents in PDF format Some documents are in PDF format and require the free Adobe Reader application, which can be downloaded from the Adobe Web site.
Viewing the animations Some of the animations on the site require the free Flash Player 9, which can be downloaded from theAdobe Web site.
To search the site, enter your query in the field marked "Search" above the horizontal navigation bar (present on every page).
It provides a simple key-word search with theme-based results (i.e. the search engine matches the words of your query with those used to index each page of the site).